SMP Partners Group
The SMP Partners Group plays a key role facilitating the establishment and ongoing administration of the offshore operations of satellite launch and space companies, and actively supports the Isle of Man Government in promoting the Island’s pre-eminent position within the international space and satellite industry.
The Isle of Man space sector is one of the Island’s success stories with many international space and satellite companies having established operations on the Island to take advantage of the Island’s advantageous corporate rate of income tax and the zero rate of insurance premium tax. Four of the world’s top 10 satellite companies have a presence in the Isle of Man which include SES, Inmarsat, Avanti and Telesat.
SMP Partners is uniquely positioned to provide an all-encompassing, “joined up” service. Not only do we advise clients on the most appropriate tax efficient corporate structure covering the complexities of VAT, and international withholding taxes, we can then implement and deliver the solution; taking ownership of the ongoing administration and the regulatory, accounting and statutory requirements. SMP Partners works closely with Mansat, an Island based consultancy tasked by the Isle of Man Government to facilitate the interests of Isle of Man registered and incorporated companies and to assist in the preparation of applications to the International Telecoms Union.
- Advice and support regarding direct taxation, VAT, ownership and corporate structure
- Advice and support regarding relocation, premises and staffing
- Introduction to relevant Government Departments, including DTI and e-commerce teams.
- Introduction to relevant technology partners, lawyers, accountants and banks
- In addition, the Group provides a range of Corporate Services designed to reduce the administrative burden and give the peace of mind that all regulatory and statutory requirements are being met.
- Company incorporation and registration
- Liaison with company’s professional advisers and banks
- Provision of registered office
- Provision of qualified and experienced directors
- Holding of and preparation for Directors meetings
- Company Secretarial and Isle of Man Statutory Compliance
- Provision of full suite of accounting services, VAT and Tax Compliance
- Payroll Services